Saturday, December 13, 2014

Shiftless: A Fantastical Werewolf Adventure (Wolf Rampant Book 1) By Aimee Easterling

Shiftless: A Fantastical Werewolf Adventure (Wolf Rampant Book 1)
  By Aimee Easterling

*****Stars

Book Description (Amazon) 


 March 21, 2014
PMS is no fun for werewolves.

Forget the full moon, female werewolves shift uncontrollably at that time of the month. But after years of practice, teenaged Terra learns to squash her wolf, which allows her to flee the repressive village where she grew up.

A decade later, the packless ache gnaws at her insides. But when Terra is ambushed by her father and half a dozen of his henchmen, she still struggles against being reeled back into her old life. Chief Wilder is adamant, yet he does offer one way out --- hunt down her nephew Keith, teach him to shift, and bring the youngster back into the fold in her place.

Problem upon problem piles up as Terra strives to do her father's bidding. The female shifter has hidden from her wolf for so long that she finds herself unable to change back into canine form, and she also realizes that her nephew is too good-natured to survive for a minute walking in his grandfather's footsteps. Will Terra be able to relearn her werewolf abilities --- and overcome her morals --- before her father steals away her hard-earned independence?

Shiftless is the first novel in the Wolf Rampant series, which continues with Pack Princess.


I am so happy to be writing this review. This book was so good it had me from the first chapter in fact, I could not put it down and finished it in one day. After my last review I am so happy to be writing a good review. 
I love shifter novels, but sometimes they can be a little dry or too predictable, so when I come across a book like this that keeps me on my toes I take notice. Aimee really understands what people want in the genre and gives it to them plus more. 
I really love the way she writes about the two different family upbringings of the main characters and how that in turn teaches Terra to come to turn with her own darkness, and to maybe be able to help others like her. 

I am so excited to read Aimee's new book Pack Princess and see where she takes the story.

Here are the links to where you can find more info on Aimee. and where you can find her books.
Amazon
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment